Friday, October 19, 2007

To Begin With

My name is Joel Eilde.

I'm a thirty-something man who lives and works in Second Life. I keep a small summer home in Tane and I live on the modest but sufficient money I make from working as a fashion consultant. In my spare time I like to socialize mostly, and I often find myself hitting various night clubs and discotheques with friends in the wee hours of the SL morning. My brother, with whom I am very close, is an avid builder and inventor and runs a sandbox as his bread and butter. I have a girlfriend only she's not really a girlfriend. But she is. Though not really. But yeah, kinda. Her name is Shael.

I have another friend named Briann who is something of a hulk and generally dresses a lot younger and hipper than I do, despite the fact that he's the same age as I am. Briann has a great big head. Like, gigantor size. I have another hard-partying friend by the name of SpiderPig who, in fact, sort of disgusts me and I sleep better pretending he doesn't exist. I mention these two friends specifically because they will both be making occasional contributions to this blog.

I don't have a plan for this blog. I don't have a goal. All I know is that I have experiences in Second Life which make me stop and say "I really need to record this for posterity".

And so now... I'm doing it.

No comments: